Our History


Independence Family Medicine,(IFM) owned by Wilson Medical Center, first opened in May of 2013 to provide quality care and stability to the community. In September 2014, Johnathan Rodriquez, Board Certified Nurse Practitioner providing general care joined the clinic helping the practice to grow. In February of 2016, Mardie Long, Board Certified Nurse Practitioner joined the practice providing family care to the clinic.

The successful practice quickly outgrew its old location and in December of 2015, the Wilson Medical Center Foundation purchased the old Braums building located at 1415 N. Penn in Independence. The building was remodeled for the Independence practice.

In August of 2016, Independence Family Medicine moved to its newly renovated location.